Friday, August 4, 2023

2023 Half-Birthday Reading Weekend

 Back in the day there was the 48 Hour Book Challenge hosted by Mother Reader. Then there was the 24 in 48 Read-a-thon. With those coming to an end, my husband and I started a tradition of a Half-Birthday Reading/LEGO weekend. 

He and I both have birthdays near the start of the year. With his birthday, my birthday, and another family member's birthday falling in the first three months of the year, that was a lot of cake! Not great if you're trying to watch your sugar intake. So, we started a new tradition where-in he picks his favorite cake for his birthday then roughly six months later I pick a cake. We'll sequester ourselves with books (for me), LEGO sets (for him), and loads of snacks and enjoy a fun, relaxing weekend.

It's 10:16 p.m. on Friday evening and I'm officially getting this thing started before I fall asleep! Book #1 is Lia and Beckett's Abracadabra by Amy Noelle Parks. Let the fun begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment