Saturday, January 26, 2019

One Fantastic Book and One Book Without a Single Death


Since I finished both my print book and my audiobook, it was time to start a new one of each format. Also, I decided it was time to change things up a bit since my reading's been in a bit of a rut lately.

For that change of pace I went with Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald the Original Screenplay as the next print book. It's in a screenplay format, so is an easy read. What I also liked about this one is that the stage direction helped clarify some things from the movie for me. Like with the movie I came away feeling shocked by one of the character's decisions, hopeful for the future of two of the characters, and curious all over again to see how the last scene of the book/movie will be explained in future films.


Earlier this month a close relative passed away. At that time I was in the middle of a murder mystery. The next book on my TBR pile was also a murder mystery, so I've had quite a bit of death to start off my year. For my next audio book I decided to go with something light and chose At Home in Mitford, by Jan Karon the first in the Mitford series with Father Tim as the main character. It's got humor, quirky characters, and a gentle tone which is just what I need to balance out my TBR pile. I'm about 53 minutes in so far. Since my laundry's done and my eyes need a break before starting the next print book, I'm going to post this update and give this one a listen. 

Happy reading to all my 24 in 48 friends!

Total Reading time so far: 6 hours 2 minutes
Total "extracurricular time so far: 2hrs. 20 minutes
Total time spent on challenge so far 8 hours, 22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment