Saturday, June 6, 2009

Just finished book #2

For my second book of the challenge, I read Castle by J. Robert Lennon. Here's my review

Eric Loesch arrives in his former hometown in upstate New York, Gerrysburg, with the purpose of buying and fixing up a run-down house. There is an air of mystery about Loesch and the reader immediately gets a sense that there is more to Loesch than meets the eye. He is defensive with the locals and is obsessed with exploring the woods that aren't technically part of his property. As his time in the town proreses, Loesch is forced to confront the events of his past from his choldhood to time spent serving in Iraq with the United States Army. This intense and sometimes frightening novel told from Loesch's point of view will keep the reader's attention from page one to its unexpected conclusion.

The aura of mystery surrounding Loesch is what kept me reading. When it was finished I felt as though the air had been knocked out of me. It was an intense read that touched many emotions in me and truly left me speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment